Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Cutest Little PlumBob MTS Baby/Toddler Photo Contest for Sims 2, 3, and 4 - posted on 2nd Oct 2018 at 5:07 AM
Replies: 33 (Who?), Viewed: 11380 times.
Page 2 of 2
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:28 AM Last edited by Simmiller : 3rd Sep 2018 at 3:40 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simfan432
Is it possible use this tool to fix/update careers made by creators who are no longer active?

Hi there! All technical questions should be addressed to the Creator of the tool. You can reach Neia on here or on the tool forum, which is linked from the tool itself.

I'm sorry I don't have the technical knowledge to answer these kinds of questions, but Neia is usually swift to help out on the forum However, I'm fairly certain there is no way to import a career into the tool. You would have to use an XML editor in conjunction with either or both s4pe and Sims4Studio. That is beyond my capabilities at the moment, figuring which codes need to be fixed. It may also have something to do with the ts4script files, so my best advice is instead of updating someone else's career, it would be far easier to recreate it. Remember if you're planning to upload a career that you've recreated an updated version for, that you follow the guidelines for Updates and Remixes.

I can really only answer questions about the procedure of creating a career, and not about the tool itself or the programs used in the process. I am happy to see others helping out, though! My thanks to all of you
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 9:37 AM
Hello! Thank you for this tutorial!
I'm wondering if I want to make the same career track but for base game only players AND a separate one for seasons players - can I use the same names on the create-a-career but different skill objectives? Or what's the best way to go about that?
Test Subject
#28 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 3:01 PM
Thank you so much for this tutorial. I made an account specifically to thank you. I followed the instructions and was able to make my own Professional Wrestling Career and it works in the game! I've never been able to mod anything before, so this was really exciting!
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:28 AM
Hi, thank you so much for explaining this so well♡ I have a doubt; the thing is I play on a Mac, so, would it work fine if I create a career on a Windows and then transfer the files to my Mac?
Original Poster
#30 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by julcyfruit
Hello! Thank you for this tutorial!
I'm wondering if I want to make the same career track but for base game only players AND a separate one for seasons players - can I use the same names on the create-a-career but different skill objectives? Or what's the best way to go about that?

Yes, you can do that!
Original Poster
#31 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 7:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakitia
Thank you so much for this tutorial. I made an account specifically to thank you. I followed the instructions and was able to make my own Professional Wrestling Career and it works in the game! I've never been able to mod anything before, so this was really exciting!

Aw, thank you so much! And you're welcome
Original Poster
#32 Old 21st Sep 2018 at 8:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaspberry
Hi, thank you so much for explaining this so well♡ I have a doubt; the thing is I play on a Mac, so, would it work fine if I create a career on a Windows and then transfer the files to my Mac?

Thanks! I'm glad to be of help with the tutorial itself, but I'm afraid I don't have that answer. As this is a technical question, you're better off asking the creator of the tool

One answer Neia gave on the forum for her tool was this, but it was back in March, so I don't know if it's still current: "The tool works for both, and Python should work too, but I don't know if you can create .package on a Mac."

I realize that doesn't specifically answer your question, so I still suggest going straight to Neia either on here or the tool forum and asking them

Good luck! And feel free to post here if you get an answer or figure it out, as I'm sure there may be others with the same query
Test Subject
#33 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 3:17 AM
Is there any current way to create gender specific titles or descriptions for each career?
Original Poster
#34 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 9:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralqq
Is there any current way to create gender specific titles or descriptions for each career?

Yes, there is. For male you use {M0.text} and female {F0.text} . Those are zeroes, and you use those special brackets using your SHIFT key plus [ or ]. I've never personally used this, so I'm going by others' creations, but it seems to work for them

Example:
{M0.Waiter}{F0.Waitress} at Sim's Sandwiches
Page 2 of 2