Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 Calendar Contest Winners - posted on 10th Jan 2018 at 10:38 AM
Replies: 14 (Who?), Viewed: 2154 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 12:03 AM
Default arms "snap" to behind a sim's back
I wanted to make a family of mermaids, but only had a tail for adults, I think by "Nana?" so I went to convert them for child and toddler. easy, right? well, apparently not. when I equip a child or toddler with their tails, their arms "snap" so that it looks like they're holding their hands behind their back. I can't even begin to think of what could cause this because the tails are bottoms and aren't supposed to affect the top. is there something I obviously forgot to do?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 1:31 AM
I forgot to mention that I also converted a version for adult male, and there's no problem with that one
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
#3 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 1:41 AM
Sounds like the mesh slot ray data, which controls the arm positioning, is incorrect. How did you create the tail?

You can try fixing it in CAS Tools. I've been poking at a new version including improved slotray correction so I can upload that here if you need it.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims 3 content:
Online Sims - general Sims 3 mods
Offline Sims - adult Sims 3 mods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 7:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Sounds like the mesh slot ray data, which controls the arm positioning, is incorrect. How did you create the tail?

You can try fixing it in CAS Tools. I've been poking at a new version including improved slotray correction so I can upload that here if you need it.


I didn't create the tail, someone called Nana did. I just cloned the tail and switched the age and gender settings so that it would turn into a child and toddler, and exported the mesh. then I resized the tail to fit them. it's the same exact thing I did with the adult male, but THAT one works
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
#5 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 2:58 PM
Possibly in converting the mesh from adult to child/toddler the slotrays got lost and new ones were not added. Try fixing it with CAS Tools:

Open package in Clone Package Editor tab
Go to Mesh Properties and Fixers tab
In the Arm Positioning section select Reference: Bottom
Click Fix Arm Positioning
Click Commit Changes
Save and test
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip S4CASTools_2_6_0_2.zip (4.38 MB, 31 downloads) - View custom content

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims 3 content:
Online Sims - general Sims 3 mods
Offline Sims - adult Sims 3 mods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Possibly in converting the mesh from adult to child/toddler the slotrays got lost and new ones were not added. Try fixing it with CAS Tools:

Open package in Clone Package Editor tab
Go to Mesh Properties and Fixers tab
In the Arm Positioning section select Reference: Bottom
Click Fix Arm Positioning
Click Commit Changes
Save and test


oh my god, that was so easy, and it worked! thanks so much!
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
#7 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 9:53 AM
You're welcome!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims 3 content:
Online Sims - general Sims 3 mods
Offline Sims - adult Sims 3 mods
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 8:50 AM
Thank you so much, CmarNYC! I just came across this issue and your solution fixed it instantly!

~ Turn my world. Precious thing. ~

~ Some even call me mad.
And why? Because I dared to dream of my own race of atomic monsters,
atomic supermen with octagonal shaped bodies that suck blood.... ~
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 2:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback - it needed more testing.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims 3 content:
Online Sims - general Sims 3 mods
Offline Sims - adult Sims 3 mods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 10:33 AM
I'm not sure if this has to do with the problem or not, but when my adult mermaids are carrying the toddler mermaids, the adults' arms stretch out awkwardly, and the toddler is floating in the air super far away from them. I haven't used cas tools on the adults' tails yet.
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 4:03 PM
Are you using any custom sliders, especially a height slider? That toddler problem happens with them, something to do with the bone adjustments. There's a modified version that seems to compensate: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...874#post5184874

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims 3 content:
Online Sims - general Sims 3 mods
Offline Sims - adult Sims 3 mods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 1:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
Are you using any custom sliders, especially a height slider? That toddler problem happens with them, something to do with the bone adjustments. There's a modified version that seems to compensate: http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...874#post5184874


I'm using a fairly recent height slider from LoversLab that can make a sim into a giant or a tiny person. but I don't think this happens with any of my other families, i'll have to check.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 12:47 AM
crap, it DOES happen with my other households. what do you think, should I contact the creator, or just deal with it?
Ms. Byte
staff: moderator
#14 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 9:01 PM
You certainly could contact the creator.

Here's a link to a toddler-fixed version of simmythesim's sliders, including height sliders. I don't know if it does the sizes you want. It's part of a very long thread with various versions and fixes.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...155#post5289155

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims 3 content:
Online Sims - general Sims 3 mods
Offline Sims - adult Sims 3 mods
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmarNYC
You certainly could contact the creator.

Here's a link to a toddler-fixed version of simmythesim's sliders, including height sliders. I don't know if it does the sizes you want. It's part of a very long thread with various versions and fixes.

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...155#post5289155


yeah, like I said, it won't work because I need this specific slider to make tiny and giant sims. like you can literally make a sim a tiny little fairy that's like three inches tall. i'll try contacting the creator, thanks for your help
Back to top